The vision of the COP is to plant and nurture healthy churches globally.
The PIWC-Tarkwa envisioned becoming A NATION - WIDE MEGA Pentecostal church that is relevant to contemporary society in the TOTALITY OF THE GREAT COMMISSION:
• Vibrant Evangelism • Church Growth • Discipleship • Worship • Spirituality
• Holistic Ministry
Our vision means that:
- As a nation - wide MEGA church – the essentials of biblical Pentecostalism shall diffuse from PIWC-Tarkwa to saturate the entire country, Ghana adopting workable and healthy MEGA CHURCH concepts and ideals.
- Contemporary relevance – we shall strategically with the guidance of the Holy Spirit inculcate Pentecostal distinctiveness (i.e. evangelism, Holy Spirit operations, prayer, holiness, sacrificial giving) into the postmodern culture.
- Totality of the Great Commission – have been explained by 6 features:
- Vibrant evangelism: different soul winning approaches will be employed to win people of different cultural and racial and social backgrounds. An agenda on expatriate will be taken seriously.
- Church growth: a mechanism to integrate converts will be in place to ensure church growth (without necessarily planting a new church).
- Discipleship: a systematic instruction of church membership in Christian beliefs will be done for them to be well grounded in the faith.
- Worship: this shall be in spirit and truth with great inspiring songs of praise and worship (that meet International class), prayer, offering and holiness.
- Holistic ministry: all forms of scriptural based Christian ministries together with relevant social interventions and actions to ‘touch hearts’ of persons, people and places will be pursued.
VISION THEME: Impacting contemporary generations with the totality of the great commission
COMPONENT OF VISION
MAJOR OPERATIONAL POLICY
Nurturing Sustainable Spiritual Development 1 Cor. 16:16; Rom 16:5; Col 4:15; Philemon 2; Jeremiah 23:4-8
- To enhance the spiritual life and worship of disciples of Christ;
- To ensure genuine conversion with eschatology and bible knowledge;
- To witness the operations of spiritual gifts and the bearing the fruit of Spirit;
Evangelism, Discipleship Church Planting And Growth - Matt 28:18-20; Acts 2:47; 1 9:16-23
- To win 350 souls within the 3-year period;
- To reconstitute full fledge operational cells in the municipality;
- To operate a viable and workable active New Convert/Disciples
- To inculcate the church’s beliefs into membership;
- To make evangelism a lifestyle worthy of emulation by all.
Re-Organize The Roles Of Ministries To Be More Functional - Jeremiah 23:4-8
- To situate ministries to become tools for Church Growth and Spiritual Development of members
- To ensure that each member belongs to at least one Ministry.
Estate & Projects
- To construct Ministries Resource Centre
- To develop database of assets and properties
- To extend the Worship Centre for additional 350 souls won over the 3 year period so none of the harvest is lost- Matt 14:13-21
Raise Ministerial Performance Standards
- To become a relevant versatile contemporary minister with the capacity to meet the challenges of the times
Leadership Development and Mentoring (conscious parenting)
- To fulfil The Timothy Principle
- To equip laity for the work of ministry
Contribution to Community Development & Mission to the Palace
- To step up the Great Commission and move into new mission fields;
- To develop capacities of students
General District Administration
- To ensure proper records keeping
- Strict adherence to CoP policies
International Outlook of the Worship Centre
- To realize the original objective of using the PIWC to catch the “cream‟ class of society and foreign nationals
Most households have an unsolved Rubiks Cube but you can esily
solve it learning a few algorithms.
The Church of Pentecost exists to establish responsible and self-sustaining churches filled with committed Spirit-filled Christians of character, who will impact their communities.
Within this overall focus, at PIWC- Tarkwa our hallmark shall include:
- Being responsible – we will match vision, decisions, activities and actions responsibly to the scriptures, the COP divine and cherished tenets and core-values and policies (and some practices friendly to contemporary generations) in order to beget faithful and committed spirit-filled disciples of Christ of character who will influence contemporary society with kingdom principles and biblical standards.
- Being a self-sustaining church – means being self propagating; self –supporting; self-governing and self-edifying. This shall mean that as a church and as members we become:
- Self-propagating – effective in evangelism and mission mindedness on the cutting edge. Every relevant approach of soul-winning will be employed at congregational and personal levels.
- Self-supporting – capable of generating and maximising resources for ministry. Biblical stewardship of God’s resources (human, spiritual abilities, professions, finance, etc) shall be emphasised and practiced by each member. Biblical giving of offerings and tithings will be systematically taught.
- Self-governing – equipping saints for the work ministry along value-driven, proactive system and structure of governance. Capacities of laity will be built for effective church running as we jointly disciple many of the members.
- Self –edifying – teaching and practicing sound Pentecostal doctrine on foundational beliefs and core values to enrich worship at PIWC-Tarkwa. As a result there will enough spirit-filled word-based people to edify the church with their gifts and ministries.